AMaSiS 2021 ONLINE
Applied Mathematics and Simulation for Semiconductors and Electrochemical Systems
6-9 September 2021
The workshop will take place ONLINE. The program will include invited and contributed talks as well as a virtual poster session. Participation is free of charge but online registration is required.
AMaSiS 2021 is an interdisciplinary workshop dedicated to mathematical modeling of semiconductors and electrochemical systems. Due to inherent similarities between both disciplines, AMaSiS explores synergies in mathematical modeling, analysis, numerics, and simulation techniques. The conference brings together experts from applied mathematics, physics, engineering, chemistry, and material science and covers the following topics:
- electronic structure theory (density functional theory, tight-binding, effective mass models)
- non-equilibrium thermodynamics and transport theories (drift-diffusion models, heat flow, kinetics, non-equilibrium Green’s functions)
- mathematical upscaling from quantum mechanics and particle systems to continuum scale (homogenization, asymptotic methods)
- semiconductor devices (light emitting diodes, transistors, etc.)
- electrochemical systems (fundamental electrochemistry, batteries, fuel cells, photo-catalysis)
- Joachim Maier (MPI-FKF Stuttgart)
- Eoin P. O’Reilly (Tyndall)
- Grégoire Allaire (CMAP Paris)
- Claire Chainais-Hillairet (U Lille 1)
- Michael Eikerling (FZ Jülich)
- Ulrike Krewer (KIT-IAM Karlsruhe)
- Arnulf Latz (DLR-HI Ulm)
- Matthias Liero (WIAS Berlin)
- Friedhard Römer (U Kassel)
- Stefan Schulz (Tyndall)
- Mira Todorova (MPIE Düsseldorf)
- Anton van der Ven (U California Santa Barbara)
- Jürgen Fuhrmann (WIAS Berlin)
- Annegret Glitzky (WIAS Berlin)
- Ansgar Jüngel (TU Wien)
- Hans-Christoph Kaiser (WIAS Berlin)
- Markus Kantner (WIAS Berlin)
- Manuel Landstorfer (WIAS Berlin)
- Oliver Marquardt (WIAS Berlin)
Registration and call for posters & contributed talks
Participation is free of charge but requires confirmation. Hence, online registration is required.
You are warmly invited to submit an abstract for a contributed talk or virtual poster by 11 June 2021. Abstracts can be plain text or LaTeX source code; a LaTeX template is available here. You will receive confirmation of acceptance by the end of June 2021.
AMaSiS 2021, Weierstrass Istitute, Mohrenstrasse 39, 10117 Berlin, Germany.