Amal Alphonse, Martin Kanitsar, Caroline Löbhard, Carlos Rautenberg, Nikolai Strogies
Ramona Keuchel, Jutta Lohse
The group works in the area of mathematical modeling, in the analysis of resulting variational problems or operator equations, as well as in the development, analysis and numerical implementation of respective solution algorithms. Of key importance are hereby those processes in medicine, nature, engineering and economy, where non-smooth phenomena play a decisive role. Concretely, the research group addresses
- non-smooth models for energy functionals and/or state systems;
- (quasi) variational inequalities, or non-smooth, coupled systems and their optimal control
- equilibrium problems and game theoretical approaches.
Research of the group and their guests is regularly presented in the research seminar.
We coordinate the DFG Priority Programme 1962 Non-smooth and Complementarity-based Distributed Parameter Systems: Simulation and Hierarchical Optimization.
- Partial Differential Equations
- Laser Dynamics
- Numerical Mathematics and Scientific Computing
- Nonlinear Optimization and Inverse Problems
- Interacting Random Systems
- Stochastic Algorithms and Nonparametric Statistics
- Thermodynamic Modeling and Analysis of Phase Transitions
- Nonsmooth Variational Problems and Operator Equations