Karoline Disser, Duy Hai Doan, Thomas Frenzel, Annegret Glitzky, Martin Heida, Hans-Christoph Kaiser, Thomas Koprucki, Matthias Liero, Anieza Maltsi, Oliver Marquardt, Markus Mittnenzweig, Joachim Rehberg, Sina Reichelt, Nella Rotundo
Herbert Gajewski, Konrad Gröger, Jürgen Sprekels
On occasion of his 80th birthday, Prof. Dr. Konrad Gröger was awarded a Honorary Medal by the Czech Mathematical Society for his longlife contribution to cooperation between Czech and German mathematicians, see photos below.
The junior prize of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM) 2018 was awarded to Matthias Liero. The recipient of the prize is to selected among the researchers who made significant contributions linking Mathematics and Mathematical Physics. Matthias Liero's research is focused on the mathematical analysis of partial differential equations, e.g. describing the electrothermal interplay in organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs). He is already the second awardee of the ISIMM junior prize of our research group.
- Partial Differential Equations
- Laser Dynamics
- Numerical Mathematics and Scientific Computing
- Nonlinear Optimization and Inverse Problems
- Interacting Random Systems
- Stochastic Algorithms and Nonparametric Statistics
- Thermodynamic Modeling and Analysis of Phase Transitions
- Nonsmooth Variational Problems and Operator Equations