The Secretariat of the International Mathematical Union (IMU) is hosted at the Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS). IMU is an international non-governmental and non-profit scientific organization, with the purpose of promoting international cooperation in mathematics. The Secretariat’s operation is supported by grants from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the State of Berlin.
WIAS is an institute of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB). The FVB comprises eight non-university research institutes in Berlin which are funded by the federal and state governments. The research institutes are members of the Leibniz Association.
For the IMU Secretariat we are seeking a
Manager of the IMU Secretariat (m/f/d)
(Reference no. 19/15)
starting on February 1, 2020.
- Managing and supervising the administrative work in the IMU Secretariat
- Administrative support of the IMU Secretary General and other IMU bodies
- Preparation of and reporting on Executive Meetings and General Assemblies
Qualifications, skills, experience:
- Advanced university degree (in business administration, science, or humanities)
- Qualified administrative, organizational, and communicative skills
- Fluency in oral and written English and German
- Experience in management and supervision of projects
- Preferably experience related to international project management
- Desirable background in public budget law and rules for non-profit organizations
- Sound skills in office software, preferably knowledge of database management
For further questions please contact Prof. Alexander Mielke (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The initial hiring period is for two years with the possibility of extension. Working time is 39 hours per week, and the salary is according to the German TVöD.
WIAS is an equal opportunity employer. There is equality for applicants of all genders (diverse/female/male). Disabled persons with equal qualifications will be given preference.
Please upload your complete application documents, including cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates as possible and no later than September 29, 2019 to our website (https://www.wias-berlin.de/jobs/index.jsp?lang=1) or via the applicant portal using the button “Apply online”.
We are looking forward to your application!