The Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS) is an institute of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB). The FVB comprises eight non-university research institutes in Berlin which are funded by the federal and state governments. The research institutes are members of the Leibniz Association.
WIAS invites applications for an
IT Strategy developer and system consultant (f/m/d)
starting at the earliest possible date.
- Active participation in the infrastructure strategy development for sustainable scientific software design
- Strategic development of storage and archiving of (research) data
- Backup system development and support
- Participation in support and advancement of network and SAN
- Support in managing the (Linux-)client operation and in user assistance
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) degree in computer sciences or related fields (university or university of applied sciences degree) or professional/vocational training in computer sciences or related fields
- Linux proficiency with clients and servers
- Experience in network-core area desirable
- Good command of English and German
- User-oriented communication skills
- A range of tasks offering multiple creative opportunities in an international and science-driven area
- State-of-the-art servers and challenging tasks in a heterogenous environment
- A long-term employment including the option of a life-time position
- A family-friendly work environment (WIAS is certified employer having received the berufundfamilie (workandfamily) certification)
- Potential for personal development and possibility of further education
- Salary according to the German TVoeD scale
- Central location in Berlin
Please direct your queries to Henrik Pletat, Head of IT (firstname.lastname@example.org). The initial appointment is limited for two years and is envisioned to be extended. The work schedule is 39 hours per week.
There is equal opportunity for all sexes. When equally suitable in their qualification, severely disabled applicants will receive preferential consideration. We explicitly welcome job applications from people with migration background.
Please upload complete application documents including curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates including a cover letter as soon as possible and no later than February 28th 2019 via our online job-application facility (https://www.wias-berlin.de/jobs/index.jsp?lang=1) using the button “Apply online".
We are looking forward to your application!