The Leibniz Network "Mathematical Modeling and Simulation" organizes the sixth Leibniz MMS Days which will be hosted by the Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy Potsdam (ATB).
The Workshop event aims to further develop MMS networking activities, presenting ongoing work using modern methods of MMS and creates a plattform for discussion on themes of specific and general interest.
Invited Key Note Speakers
- Melina Freitag (University of Potsdam): From Models to Data and Back - An Introduction to Data Assimilation Algorithms
- Nicolas R. Gauger (University of Kaiserslautern-Landau): Grey-box data-driven turbulence modeling
ATB director Barbara Sturm will give an impulse lecture on Digital Twins - Unravelling the black box that is food processing.
The workshop features general plenary contributions and discussions on:
- MMS related topics at large (any MMS related topic is basically permissible),
- Research Software, Data Infrastructures,
- Research Data, Reproducibility, Open Science,
with special emphasis on the scientific topics (depending on the contributions actually submitted)
- Digital Twins,
- Data-driven Simulation,
- Computational and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics,
- Computational Material Science
(from computation of material properties to materials by design, light-matter interaction, devices, fabrication, material growth, nano-structuring).
The talks will be scheduled from Monday (17 April 2023) midday until Wednesday (19 April 2023) noon.
A poster session will be held on Monday evening.
On Tuesday afternoon we schedule a World Café as an Open Space Format to discuss MMS related topics and the further development of our network in small groups. The list of topics will be determined by the participants during the first part of the workshop.
A conference dinner will be organized on Tuesday evening.
- Miro Duhovic (IVW Kaiserslautern)
- Sabrina Hempel (ATB Potsdam)
- David Janke (ATB Potsdam)
- Christian Merdon (WIAS Berlin)
- Wolfram Miller (IKZ Berlin)
WIAS, Knowledge Transfer
Mohrenstraße 39, 10117 Berlin,
Phone: +49-30 20372-582
Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB)
Phone: +49 331 5699-513