Manuel J. Arenas Jaén, Ingo Bremer, Luigino Capone, Moritz Ebeling-Rump, Martin Eigel, Robert Gruhlke, Holger Heitsch, René Henrion, Robert Lasarzik, Manuel Marschall, Andreas Rathsfeld
Guest within the MIMESIS project: Prerana Das
OverviewThe research group is concerned with problems in optimization and optimal control as well as inverse problems regarding up-to-date technical and economical applications. Research tasks range from theoretical questions regarding analysis and numerics of these problems to the development of efficient numerical algorithms and software to the point of the solution of application problems. In their research, the group touches almost all main application topics of the WIAS and concentrates on the topics
- stochastic and non-smooth optimization
- inverse problems for random surfaces and data
- optimal control of multi-field and multi-scale problems
- FG4 coordinates the European Industrial Doctorate (EID) project MIMESIS - Mathematics and Materials Science for Steel Production and Manufacturing within the Horizon2020 programme.
- We are organizing the Workshop on Mathematics and Materials Science for Steel Production and Manufacturing that takes place from June 4 - 5, 2019 in Skien/Norway.
- Partial Differential Equations
- Laser Dynamics
- Numerical Mathematics and Scientific Computing
- Nonlinear Optimization and Inverse Problems
- Interacting Random Systems
- Stochastic Algorithms and Nonparametric Statistics
- Thermodynamic Modeling and Analysis of Phase Transitions
- Nonsmooth Variational Problems and Operator Equations