Materials with Discontinuities
September 07-11, 2015, Stuttgart
ScopeThe SAMM 2015 is devoted to the modeling, analysis and simulation of materials with discontinuities caused by dissipative processes such as phase transition or separation processes, plastification, damage, and fracture.
The school will give an overview on thermodynamical modeling, mathematical solution concepts and numerical schemes for dissipative processes, involving minimization problems for functions of bounded variation,
and phase field models.
- Helmut Abels (U Regensburg): Analysis of phase field models and their sharp interface limits
- Sören Bartels (U Freiburg): Numerical analysis and simulation of non-smooth problems
- Dorothee Knees (U Kassel): Analysis for damage and fracture models: solution concepts
- Christian Miehe (U Stuttgart): Modeling and simulation of dissipative processes in solids
No participation feeRegistration is mandatory and restricted to at most 40 participants. Register now.
- On-site registration opens on Monday, September 07, 2015 at 8:15am
- Lectures scheduled from Monday morning until Friday afternoon
- 4 lectures of 90 min per lecturer
- Tuesday afternoon: Poster session; submit a poster abstract now.
- Wednesday evening : Joint dinner
VenueUniversity of Stuttgart, Campus Vaihingen
Pfaffenwaldring 47, 70569 Stuttgart
Lecture halls 47.05, 47.06
map of conference venue
DeadlinesSubmission of poster abstracts: July 31, 2015
+49 (0)30 20372 305
+49 (0)711 685 655 38
Poster of the SAMM 2015
SupportThe organizers gratefully acknowledge the support by
Dr. Klaus Körper Stiftung